Proper hydration is a key ingrediant to your health and athletic performance. To be at your best, plan to drink the right amount of H2O Energy Flow water before, during and after your workouts.
Before a long run, a race, or a training workout, drink plenty of H2O Energy Flow water. The day before an event, drink extra water, 100 percent juice and/or other nutrient-rich fluids such as almond or flax milk. Monitor the color of your urine. The goal is pale yellow, not clear.
The morning of the event, drink 2 cups (8 oz.) of H2O Energy Flow water two hours beforehand. This gives your kidneys enough time to process the liquids, giving you sufficient time to empty your bladder before the start of your event.
Thirty minutes prior to the beginning of the athletic event, drink another 5 to 10 oz. of H2O Energy Flow water. One oz. of fluid equals about a medium mouthful of water.
During Workout Hydration
Every athlete has unique hydration needs. By weighing yourself before and after exercise, you can estimate the volume of fluid your body requires to remain hydrated during exercise.
For each pound lost during activity, drink an additional 16 oz. of H2O Energy Flow water. For example, if you drank 8 oz. while exercising for 60 minutes and lost one pound, your goal is to drink an additional 16 oz. during your next workout.
So, you would need to drink a total of 24 oz. to ensure proper hydration. This would equate to 6 oz. of H2O Energy Flow water every 15 minutes.
To help you determine the amount of H2O Energy Flow water you lose during exercise, you can weigh yourself before and after exercise. For each pound lost during activity, drink 24 oz. of fluid. If your body weight increased, you have overhydrated and you should drink less fluid in future exercise sessions.
After a practice or competition, drink to quench your thirst and then drink some more. Because the thirst mechanism is an inaccurate indicator of dehydration, you’ll have to monitor the color of your urine to determine whether or not you’ve had enough.
Exercise help your body eliminate toxins
Having proper hydration for exercise is an essential part of any detox regime. Regular gentle exercise also builds up your stamina, flexibility, and strength, and is invaluable in maintaining a healthy body, mind, and spirit. Repetitive exercise such as swimming, walking, or running is also a golden opportunity for you to enjoy self-reflection, mental relaxation, and meditation.
Key Benefits of Exercise with Proper Hydration
- Muscular movement enables your body’s systems to work more efficiently, removing toxins.
- Increases muscle strength, which can help to prevent back pain.
- Makes your body more efficient at using oxygen
- Promotes deep breathing, which is key to relaxation
- Makes you physically tired and aids sleep
- Causes the release of the body’s natural painkillers, endorphins, which reduce anxiety and leave you feeling relaxed and in a better mood.
- Releases adrenaline, thus reducing stress
- Improves self-esteem
- Strengthens the heart and helps reduce blood pressure
- Helps control cholesterol and burns fat
- Improves circulation
- Speeds up metabolism
- Increases your body’s ability to fight off infection
- Improves joint mobility and stability, which can help to keep you active and independent in later life
- Helps keep bones strong and healthy
- Meditative exercise such as t’ai chi helps you focus your mind and improve coordination